How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4517
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a LLC that is not the name of the e-commerce website

Customer Question

I have a LLC that is not the name of the e-commerce website I will be running. My tax/re-seller paperwork is under the name of the LLC. Do I need to file for a DBA or anything else? The business is registered in New York City.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'mCustomer I'll assist.

If you set the LLC as a management company, not opening but running the site, no issues.

If you want the e commerce site to bear a name of the business, C them yes you do need a DBA. You can get one at the secretary of state office in Albany. They do it online.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated when you rate this response. I'mCustomer