How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a copy of my 1984 tax return security benefits, did

Customer Question

I need a copy of my 1984 tax return for social security benefits
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: did you get my message?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: My social security is showing 0 earnings for that year although I did work the full year.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 year ago.

The IRS only retains the tax returns for 6 years. Beyond this time they are destroyed.

I am sorry that I could not provide a more positive answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a refund on my payment then,
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 year ago.

You would nee to contact customer service for that. I am sorry but I do not have any control over payments or refunds.