Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If I'm renting an office space and paying taxes on that

Customer Question
rent, then subletting the space...
If I'm renting an office space and paying taxes on that rent, then subletting the space to another party for less than the amount of my rent, do I still have to charge tax again to my sub-leasing tenant?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
7/13/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you lease commercial real property that is subject to sales tax and then sublease a portion of it to another person, you must collect sales tax and surtax on the rental payments you receive. You may take a credit on a pro-rated basis for the sales tax and surtax you paid to your landlord on the subleased portion.

http://dor.myflorida.com/Forms_library/current/gt800016.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent