How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

You spoke to me about asking the landlord to switch it to

Customer Question

you spoke to me about asking the landlord to switch it to capital gains and if not writing it in as a capital asset on 1099 then backing it out . You said you would tell me how to do that . because now a 1099 misc want it to be 1099-b2. is rental income deductible from it ( past) or present.if it is a capital gains just curious( NY law)
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 11 months ago.

You would report it as other income on the 1040 and subtract and equal amount with an explanation that it was a sale of a capital asset and will be reported on schedule D. Does this help? Please let me know if you have any other questions.