How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I determine term capital gain and bonds Federal tax?

Customer Question

How do I determine Long term capital gain for stocks and bonds for indevidule Federal tax?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I am a CPA. I will be happy to help you with your question.

Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 year ago.

Long term capital gains are determined by how long you hold an investment. If you hold a stock for more than one year it would be considered a long-term gain and receive preferential capital gain treatment.