Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

As an employer how often do I need to deposit withheld taxes

Customer Question
from my one employee when...
As an employer how often do I need to deposit withheld taxes from my one employee when the total amount withheld including the employer's portion does not equal $1,000 for the quarter?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: OK
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Yes, Tennessee
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not right now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
7/11/2016
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you.

If you withhold $1000 or less you are required to report that withholding annually, however, you must contact the IRS at -***-***-**** before April 1st to make the request to file annually. Please see below:

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/certain-taxpayers-may-now-file-their-employment-taxes-annually

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer