Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Do we need a tax bond in order to do business in CT even

Customer Question
though we have no physical...
do we need a tax bond in order to do business in CT even though we have no physical location in that state
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
7/10/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Out of state contractors, regardless of the nature of the real property affected or the tax-exempt status of the property owner, must post a bond with the Department of Revenue Services (DRS).

The nonresident contractor must receive a Connecticut tax registration number by completing and submitting form REG-1.

http://www.ct.gov/drs/cwp/view.asp?A=1514&Q=304142

http://www.ct-clic.com/FAQ/faqView.asp?FaqID=103&CategoryID=7

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent