Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Trying to get funds from RBS and they ask code to complete

Customer Question

Trying to get funds from RBS and they ask for tax code to complete transaction
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am receiving a donation
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please be more specific about "RBS" and what that stands for. Also, are you transferring money that you had in one bank to another? I am asking this because usually when a transfer of money involves the request for a tax code there is a scam involved (not on your side) by a stranger.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Royal Bank of Scotland
It is a transfer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The donation was made to me by Harold Diamond of Wutsboro, Ny.he won mega millions (326 mil)
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Then he would only need your bank's IBAN and BIC/SWIFT code or NCC number there is NO TAX CODE.

There really is not.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking to see if you responded.