How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2995
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It's not a taxs issue i'm tring to find my w2 from 1987, i

Customer Question

it's not a taxs issue i'm tring to find my w2 from 1987
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i work for a temporary job service in St Louis Mo in 1987 i never filed taxs that year But was wanted to get W2 for personal reason if you could help me find then
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: The name on the w2 is Rebecca L Manaois
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rebecca. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unless the employer is still in business and kept the copy, which is highly unlikely, the only government agency that would have copy of your W2 from 30 years ago would be social security administration. IRS only keeps last 3 - 6 years and employers do not share such information with anybody else.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Here's how to get it:

It is not free, unless you need it for

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.