How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2308
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I accuire my income tax records from year 1993?

Customer Question

How do I accuire my income tax records from year 1993?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Social SEcurity shows that no payments were made to Social Security for the year 1973. The company that I worked for that year went out of business and Social Security was never paid by them.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: My wife was working there also and they did the same thing to her.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 year ago.


Unfortunately there would be no way to access the information. You would be able to request information from the IRS for the bat six years but not as far back as 1993. If the company did not submit payroll reports, the IRS would not have any records of the wages.

I am sorry the company put you in this situation. The IRS is relentless in collecting payroll taxes. Even if a company is out of business they will pursue the responsible party to collect any unpaid payroll taxes. If this case since the reports were not filed, the IRS would not know about the liability.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything for you.