Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Where do we show 1098's on tax returns?

Customer Question
where do we show 1098's on tax returns?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
7/1/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

That depends on the specific type of 1098. If it is the Mortgage interest statement and this is for an individual, the Schedule A is used to report the interest and taxes shown on the 1098.

If the house was used for rental it is generally reported on Schedule E.

You are required to rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) if I am to be credited with responding.

Checking to see if you responded to let me know the 1098 you asked about is the Mortgage 1098 as there are different ones.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why is my fee going up? I am asking same question that I do not think was understood and did not receive the answer I think I needed.

You asked "where do we show 1098's on tax returns".

There are 4 different types of 1098 forms that you could have possibly received.

I asked you which 1098 you are specifically asking about.

You have not responded yet to that request. You could be asking about a 1098 for mortgage, a 1098t, 1098c, and a 1098e.

I explained about a 1098 that reports mortgage interest. If you can post the specific type of 1098 I would be happy to respond.

Checking to see if you responded with the specific type of 1098 you were asking about.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4