How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15182
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not claim 30000 in income because I did not get a 1099

Customer Question

I did not claim 30000 in income because I did not get a 1099 and forgot to go back and check my bank statements for misc income now the irs wants to see my bank statements what can I expect
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 11 months ago.


They will add that $30000 to your income and you will have additional tax as well as a penalty for not paying on time and interest.

I would suggest you retain a CPA or Enrolled agent to assist you with this as they may be able to request an abatement of the penalty if this is the first time this has happened.

You are required to rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) if I am to be credited with responding.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 11 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded