Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I did not claim 30000 in income because I did not get a 1099

Customer Question
and forgot to go back...
I did not claim 30000 in income because I did not get a 1099 and forgot to go back and check my bank statements for misc income now the irs wants to see my bank statements what can I expect
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
6/30/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

They will add that $30000 to your income and you will have additional tax as well as a penalty for not paying on time and interest.

I would suggest you retain a CPA or Enrolled agent to assist you with this as they may be able to request an abatement of the penalty if this is the first time this has happened.

You are required to rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) if I am to be credited with responding.

Checking to see if you responded

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4