Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I received a paper by mail mentioning a stress warrant. They

Customer Question
I received a paper...
I received a paper by mail mentioning a stress warrant. They took the amount owed out of my federal refund. What happens now?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Why will I get this if they took it out of my federal taxes
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
6/28/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Do you mean a state warrant?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a distress warrant mentioned for every taxes. I just received it. Not a warrant but a piece of paper saying I owed 518. It came out of my federal refund

If you owe state back taxes or child support, the state can garnish your federal refund. It means, next time you file your federal return and are due a refund, you will not get it. The refund will be sent to your state instead.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But it was already paid through my federal refund. Will I be served a warrant now.

If it was already paid off, than this is just to inform you that you will not get your federal refund and your debt was fully or partially satisfied. You should have received something similar from IRS.

Does the warrant says it is all paid off? Or you still owe?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It doesn't say paid. I will call them tommorrow. Please cancel this service. I can't afford monthly payments.

Ok. Is there anything else i can help you with today?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney