Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a project business partner in USA. and we have to

Customer Question
hi JA: Hi. What is your...
hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a project business partner in USA. and we have to send project percentage money to that person. So i have to pay any taxes in India to send money from my company to USA person ??
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Do i need to pay any tax , if i send money from
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
6/27/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Payments have different threshold limits. The payer is only required to withhold tax if the total payment within a tax year to a single person (except where specified otherwise) is above the limits specified.

The following link contains information regarding the threshold limits and percentage of tax to withhold. It also provides the US/India Tax Treaty information.

http://taxsummaries.pwc.com/uk/taxsummaries/wwts.nsf/ID/India-Corporate-Withholding-taxes

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know, and I will assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent