How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15312
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I file my casino winning with the IRS now? I have my w-G

Customer Question

Can I file my casino winning with the IRS now?
I have my w-G statement.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


The tax filing would be after January 1st and before April 15th in the year following your winning. If you won in 2016 you would file in Jan - April of 2017. If your winnings were in 2015 then yes you can file still.

If you expect to owe you can make an estimated payment prior to filing but you cannot file until the time opens for the year the income is received.

You are required to rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) if I am to be credited with responding.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see if you responded