Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I received a phone call today from an individual

Customer Question
representing himself as an IRS...
I received a phone call today from an individual representing himself as an IRS agent. He said I owed $ 3300 dollars from 2009. I knew better. He said there would be an agent at my home between 2 and 3. I was told if I didn't send the money before then I would be handcuffed and go to jail. I am a Vietnam era vet and know differently. He hung up on me. Later I got a call back saying I owed $11,780. I told them to come have me arrested! My caller ID said the call was from Seattle @(###) ###-#### ***** you for your urgent help in this matter. I feel extremely violated in light of of the situation in Orlando....this gentleman had a middle eastern accent. God bless!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
6/25/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi Bruce. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

It is a scam. IRS is aware of it and posted several warnings on the website. Do not give any personal information and please do not send any money. IRS rarely put somebody in jail for owing back taxes and definitely not without an audit. You can report it here if you want: https://www.irs.gov/uac/stay-vigilant-against-bogus-irs-phone-calls-and-emails

Personally I had been scammed myself in similar manner. I told him that I know who he is and that he should be ashamed of for what he is doing. After couple of minutes lecturing him he gave up and never heard from them again.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser