How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 38801
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Tax Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A question about c-corporation. My just registered a c-corp,

Customer Question

a question about c-corporation. My just registered a c-corp, with ### ***** of stocks. But I don't see the price I filled on the Articles of Incorp, is this information kept by gov? if not, how do the shareholder calculate them tax based on? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


Under California Corps. Code Section 205, for purposes of fixing taxes or fees based upon the capitalization of the corporation, all shares authorized are deemed to have a “nominal or par value” of $1 per share.

So, it doesn't matter what value you gave to the stock, when you formed the corporation.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!