Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

A question about c-corporation. My just registered a c-corp,

Customer Question
with ### ***** of stocks...
a question about c-corporation. My just registered a c-corp, with ### ***** of stocks. But I don't see the price I filled on the Articles of Incorp, is this information kept by gov? if not, how do the shareholder calculate them tax based on? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
6/18/2016
Tax Professional: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Under California Corps. Code Section 205, for purposes of fixing taxes or fees based upon the capitalization of the corporation, all shares authorized are deemed to have a “nominal or par value” of $1 per share.

So, it doesn't matter what value you gave to the stock, when you formed the corporation.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer