Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

S corp gross revenues from P&L cash do NOT match gross

Customer Question
revenues in 1120s JA: The Accountant...
s corp gross revenues from P&L cash do NOT match gross revenues in 1120s
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: gross receipts on 1120
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: its an s corp
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
6/17/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

...

Maybe you can give me a little more context? (surroundings, details)?

...

Although we many times see mismatches of book to tax, GAAP to 1120-s, and that can be handled on the M1... and non cash expenses such as depreciation,

...

Gross receipts are typically gross receipts (unless maybe you have a timing issue - where something was booked as received, but the actuaal cash payment has not come in) or maybe an accrual account issue that needs to be reconciled.

...

Can you tell me more?

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS