Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I run a charity golf outing once a year and and all of the

Customer Question

I run a charity golf outing once a year and and all of the money that is raised after expenses I donate to the Cystic Fibrosis foundation. Do I need to do anything legally for tax purposes for me or anything in general?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

Are you asking about the documentation needed to this to be ax deductible?

...

Are you asking about what's needed to make the controbutions by PARTICIPANTSS rtax deductible for THEM?

...

Let me know and we can go from there

...

Generally, any money given to a 501(c)(3) organization in good standing (such as the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation) is tax deductible.

...

For a contribution of cash, check or other monetary gift (regardless of amount), you must maintain as a record of the contribution a bank record or a written communication from the qualified organization containing the name of the organization, the amount, and the date of the contribution.

...

BUt again, if you tell me your specific objectives (fpor example making money contributed tax deductible for your participants) I can provoide a more specific answer.

...

Let me know. I'll be here

...

Lane

...

...

I have a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the typos above ... The site is not leting me edit.

...

Regardless, pleas give me a few more specifics about your objectives

...

I'll be here

...

lane

..