Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My name is***** need to file both Federal and state taxes. I worked abroad for the last 10 years therefore I should...

Customer Question
Hi, My name is***** need...
Hi, My name is***** need to file both Federal and state taxes. I worked abroad for the last 10 years therefore I should qualify for the foreign earned income tax for both state and federal. I believe I need the 2555 form Ga 500ez and 1040 forms for federal
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I need to file for the years of 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
6/8/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

You may qualify for a foreign earned income exclusion on the federal income tax return.

However - that exclusion doesn't apply for your state income tax.

If you was a resident of GA all these years - your income is taxable for that state.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor