How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29577
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file both Federal and state taxes. I worked abroad

Customer Question

Hi, My name is***** need to file both Federal and state taxes. I worked abroad for the last 10 years therefore I should qualify for the foreign earned income tax for both state and federal. I believe I need the 2555 form Ga 500ez and 1040 forms for federal
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I need to file for the years of 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

You may qualify for a foreign earned income exclusion on the federal income tax return.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

However - that exclusion doesn't apply for your state income tax.

If you was a resident of GA all these years - your income is taxable for that state.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Related Tax Questions