How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29774
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a copy of the letter that the IRS sent to me

Customer Question

I need a copy of the letter that the IRS sent to me notifying me of my assigned EIN number please
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What more to you need to know?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No. Just need a copy of the letter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

he IRS Form CP575 is the IRS generated letter you received from the IRS granting your Employer Identification Number.

Here is an example of that letter

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

For copy you need contact IRS via the phone. Call _1_800_829_4933_ from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm..

You need to be an authorized person to request a letter for the corporation.

Actually - the IRS will not re-issue or provide a copy of the CP575 Letter.

If you lost your original letter and need to confirm your EIN - the IRS will send you the letter 147C that may be used when you are asked for the CP575 Letter.

The letter 147C is accepted for billing purposes.


.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all tax related issues.