How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a canadian citizen and I live in Anguilla and provide

Customer Question

I am a canadian citizen and I live in Anguilla and provide consulting services to a number of clients, some who are companies based in the USA - I have been asked by one of my clients to complete the form W8BEN-E and I want to get it right - and obvsiously I don't want my fees subject to withholding tax - I need to get this right
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I have written the key information above I believe
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


The W8 BEN E allows the US company to show why they did not withhold tax on the payments to your business.

What part are you having difficulty with?