Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Last year on July 30 my husband die can I do the income tax

Customer Question
for him he had a...
last year on July 30 my husband die can I do the income tax for him he had a small business but I was not leaving with him only my daughter who he claim in his income tax
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
6/6/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes, you can. Assuming you are talking about his 2015 return, you can file jointly as surviving spouse or file separately.

If you have power of attorney or are executor of his estate you can sign the return and request a refund if you file a separate return.

Did you inherited the business? What type of business is it? Solo proprietor or partnership or corporation?

Any question? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney