Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

In preparing client's tax examination of s tax return

Customer Question

in preparing for a client's tax examination of his tax return prepared by another tax preparer it has come to light that the client underestimated his Sch C gross receipts by about $ 175,000. Should I walk away from this examination or inform the client to amend the tax return and let the IRS agent know that we are going to amend it?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You should advise the person that an amended return is needed. I would also require hard paper from them before entering anything on the amendment should you decide to continue.

In a case like that I generally advise the taxpayer to get the original preparer to amend but sometimes that is not possible.

I cannot tell you to walk away or continue.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.