Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

My irs return was filed Feb. 15, 2016 year of 2015. I have

Customer Question

My irs return was filed Feb. 15, 2016 for the year of 2015. I have checked "Where's my refund" several times and it keeps telling me it has been received and is being process. I have not receive any notification as to any problem. Where is my refund after almost 4 months.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

That would be hard to tell what exactly happened with your tax return - but most likely - it was was picked for so-called "desk audit"

That means - your return will be examined by the IRS agent who will decide if there is any correction needed or it may be pushed for processing or it will require an audit.

I might suggest to call the IRS at 1_800_829_1040_ and verify to WHOM your return is assigned and what are expected resolution timeline.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

If you still not able to resolve teh issue with teh IRS - you may try to contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS)

See contact information here

https://www.irs.gov/advocate/local-taxpayer-advocate#Tennessee

*Memphis5333 Getwell Road, Stop 13, Memphis, TN 38118 (###) ###-####Fax(###) ###-####/p>

Nashville801 Broadway, Stop 22, Nashville, TN 37203 (###) ###-####Fax(###) ###-####/p>

.

You can also call the Taxpayer Advocate Service toll-free at 1-***-***-****, or fill out Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance, and fax or mail it to the TAS.

.

.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all tax related issues.