How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3804
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I pay a NYS tax judgement online and get a receipt

Customer Question

How can I pay a NYS tax judgement online and get a receipt or where can I pay it in person even better.Please do not direct me to the State Dept. of Taxation and Finance website
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a NYS tax judgement I want to pay off ASAP
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Get a document it was satisfied thatI can take to my Vredit Union
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can pay your tax liability online by doing the following, but you must go on the NY State Department of Taxation and Finance website:

Log in or create an Online Services account:

  • Select Payments, bills and notices from the Services menu.
  • Then select Make a Payment.

Have your routing and account numbers on hand.

Once you pay the amount due, you can print a receipt evidencing your payment and take it to your credit union, BUT the NY State Department of Taxation and Finance will notify the Department of State and the County Clerk so the judgment can be shown as satisfied in the public records. The satisfaction will take some time to be processed so you will not be able to bring the satisfaction to your credit union immediately upon payment.

If you have any questions, you can call the NY State Department of Taxation and Finance directly at(###) ###-####

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Best regards,