Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I found out the IRS does not have records of my flied taxes

Customer Question
from 2010. How do I...
I found out the IRS does not have records of my flied taxes from 2010. How do I calculate penalties, and interests on $480?.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
6/1/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you are not using a tax software that is capable to calculate the penalty for you, add 25% (nonfiling and nonpayment penalty) + 15% interest (about 3% per year since April 2011), $170. This will get you close. There are no calculators that will calculate it exactly and because of the interest compounding daily, most people usually let IRS calculate it for them.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser