How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3819
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I report income from print-on-demand sites such as

Customer Question

How do I report income from print-on-demand sites such as Society6 or Zazzle? Basically, you can sign up to be a designer on these sites where you upload your artwork that customers can then order as prints or various clothing and home decor items. When someone purchases an item with your artwork, you receive a royalty in your payment account that is paid out once a month. Some sites send w-9 forms while others do not. In any case, you are not considered an employee. I am already a sole proprietor in Illinois as I sell hard copies and digital copies of my art through etsy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You will report the total amount you receive during the year as income on your tax return using Schedule C which is included on your personal 1040. Since you are already a sole proprietor, you probably know that you enter your gross income and any expenses you incur.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,