How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15332
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a C corporation. I just realized that I forgot to

Customer Question

I have a C corporation. I just realized that I forgot to depreciate 1 asset in 2013 and 1 in 2014. What do I need to do to correct this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


When you omit information forma return (business or personal) you file an amended return to include or correct the information.

You would use form 1065X to correct a previous year. Each year coming forward would also need to be corrected to show the change that carries forward.

Do the 2013 1065X first.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see if you responded

Related Tax Questions