Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a C corporation. I just realized that I forgot to

Customer Question
depreciate 1 asset in 2013...
I have a C corporation. I just realized that I forgot to depreciate 1 asset in 2013 and 1 in 2014. What do I need to do to correct this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
5/27/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

When you omit information forma return (business or personal) you file an amended return to include or correct the information.

You would use form 1065X to correct a previous year. Each year coming forward would also need to be corrected to show the change that carries forward.

Do the 2013 1065X first.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.

Checking to see if you responded

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4