How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12056
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We changed payroll service in march and apparntly missed

Customer Question

We changed payroll service in march and apparntly missed jan&feb tax
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: i DO NOT THINK SO.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi,...I may be stating the obvious here, but you can always PAY taxes via one of the IRS established electronic services....There's EFTPS (likely the service used BY your payroll company) where you set up a PIN with IRS andsend payment via a checking account (EFTPS stands for Electronic Federal Tax Payment System).... this as quickly as possible would be (1) shown as a good faith effort and (2) then reconciled to the 941 that was filed if the numbers were included OR by filing a 941X if the amounts were not reflected
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Here's the IRS site that lists ALL of the ways this can be paid....All of the services have one thing in common ... they tie to the way the IRS system works - tieing all payments to a specific year, a specific return (the 941 here), and a specific tax ID (EIN here)...
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Based on the small amount of info that came over from the Bot, I've tried to address as much of the possible questions as I could....Please let me know what questions you have from here....lane......I hold a law degree, (concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law), an MBA, (specialization in finance & tax), as well as CFP and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, on three continents, since 1986.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.