Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My husband is a US Navy Retired Disabled Vet. He is 100%

Customer Question
disabled with the Navy and...
My husband is a US Navy Retired Disabled Vet. He is 100% disabled with the Navy and Social Security.
My question is we had a special bed and it is over 20 years old can we get a sleep number
bed with the adjustments to raise his head and feet tax ded. under medical expense?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
5/25/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Medical expenses are the costs of diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, and the costs for treatments affecting any part or function of the body.

Medical care expenses must be primarily to alleviate or prevent a physical or mental defect or illness. His doctor would have to write that he is required the bed for his specific treatment or condition.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.

Checking to see if you responded

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4