How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12687
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know how can I get copy of my W-4 because I

Customer Question

I need to know how can I get copy of my W-4 because I can't contact the business I used to work and I just came back from my country and need to FILE TAX return
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi,...I'm thinking that you mean the form w-2?...The W-4 is the form that you complete that tells your company how much tax to withhold from your paycheck. ...The W-2 is the form that the company must send (by law) to both you and IRS ... so that you can get your tax return completed.and filed....If you can't get a copy of your W-2 from your company (which, again, they must provide when you ask) you have toow options;...(1) File a w-2 complaint with IRS: (see this from IRS)...From"If by the end of February, your attempts to have the incorrect Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, corrected by your employer are unsuccessful, you can request that an IRS representative initiate a Form W-2 complaint. You may call the IRS toll free at(###) ###-####or visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC) in person.The IRS will send your employer a letter requesting that they furnish you a corrected Form W-2 within ten days. The letter advises your employer of their responsibilities to provide a correct Form W-2 and of the penalties for failure to do so.The IRS will send you a letter with instructions and Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, or Form 1099-R, Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc. You can use the Form 4852 in the event that your employer does not provide you with the corrected Form W-2 in time to file your tax return."...YOu can also go here: sure to ask for the age and income transcript)...ANd IRS will send you a copy of the W-2 information that was sent to to them by the company....It take about 10 days to receive the transcript....let me know if you have questions..Lane......I hold a law degree, (concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law), an MBA, (specialization in finance & tax), as well as CFP and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, on three continents, since 1986
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the one , thanks !!!
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome ... Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …is thanks enough!…That’s how we’re credited for the work here...Thank you,Lane