Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed my tax return on May 19. I was due a refund. Will I

Customer Question
get penalized?...
I filed my tax return on May 19. I was due a refund. Will I get penalized?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
5/24/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Assuming you are talking about a personal return, not partnership, trust or corporate return, you will not be penalized if you are due a refund. All late fees and penalties are calculated from balance due. If there's no balance due there's no penalties or late fees.
I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser