How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4622
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person is self-employed/contractor is their monthly

Customer Question

If a person is self-employed/contractor is their monthly health insurance premium calculated pre or post tax?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer The premium credit is calculated post tax. That's the figure used to determine the tax credit. Just a suggestion here: If you make more than $15,000 in self employment income, it could be to your tax and health insurance benefits to incorporate. You could set your wage to a level that might help with the credits, and cut your total tax bill. Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer