Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Wondering what type notice (if any) would come from KC, MO.

Customer Question
stop 6525 and in parenthesis...
wondering what type notice (if any) would come from KC, MO. stop 6525 and in parenthesis are (SC CIS)?? thanks
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: they adjusted my return from letter from there, but I've still not received my 2014 refund, return filed 10/15/15, it's only $ 99 refund.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: why I've not gotten the refund or any other letter other than the one adjusting it to $ 99.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: well, my thinking is it may be related to Obamacare, I'm a MS resident but file with a LA address, and wonder if this is an issue? I've since changed my mailing address with Healthcare.gov, but not with IRS
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/19/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.The code SC means Service Center, and CIS means Correspondence Imaging System.Can you provide me with any other information from the letter you received?Is there a phone number listed in the letter?Please provide as much additional information as you can.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the letter has a phone #, I looked some more also and the notice appears to be a standard CP24, adjusting my balance and/or payments that were made, it says the refund should come within 4-6 weeks and the notice was dated 1/11/16. The last concern I shared with you is the only other thing I could imagine, that I had an exchange health policy (no subsidy) for 6 months based on being a MS resident (which I am), but my return had a LA address on it! It's not a new address, I live and work right on the border of the states. Other than that, I have no clue what the holdup could be, and can't check online anymore, as that seems to be a one year at the time thing. thanks Barb,
Jeff
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did qualify for the PTC, it just wasn't taken in advance!
Hi, Jeff.My best advice would be to call the number on the CP 24 to find out what is going on and to make sure it hasn't "fallen through the cracks" at the IRS.From the IRS website explaining CP 24 notices:"We made changes to your return because we found a difference between the amount of estimated tax payments on your tax return and the amount we posted to your account. You have a potential overpayment credit because of these changes."https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp24-noticePlease let me know if I can assist you further.Best regards,Barb
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you further.Best regards,Barb
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent