How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have started a company and am a sole proprietor. I will be

Customer Question

I have started a company and am a sole proprietor. I will be getting an EIN number this month so I can eventually grow the business and hire part-time employees. I know nothing about Human Resources or HR Laws, etc. I have a business degree but am looking at a Masters Degree in Human Resources to help me manage my business. Would the degree be tax deductible since it will help me with my business?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Getting a master degree in HR because you are hiring a part time help for your small business is not reasonable or necessary business expense unless you are in HR related business like recruiting or staffing agency. But you may be eligible for some education credits on your personal return.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?