Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We use Intuit Payroll and pay our employees perdeim weekly

Customer Question
direct deposit. The amount we...
We use Intuit Payroll and pay our employees perdeim weekly direct deposit. The amount we pay is 25.00/30.00 per-day for meal, we take care of room and board. My question is I would like to add weekly to there check , Intuit does offer this, but some of my employees are
concerned about it showing on there W2
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/18/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.Per diem payments are not part of the employee’s wages if the payment is equal to or less than the federal per diem rate AND the employer receives an expense report from the employee. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-regs/perdiemfaq&a.prn.pdfPublication 1542 lists the per diem rates:https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/p1542--1998.pdfPlease let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you further.Best regards,Barb
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent