Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If I finance installing new energy efficient windows and entry

Customer Question
door over 20 yrs do...
if I finance installing new energy efficient windows and entry door over 20 yrs do I get to deduct the interest I will be paying?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
5/17/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi. My name is ***** ***** i will be happy to help you. Unless the installation is for a business property, like warehouse or rental home, you will not be able to deduct the interest. It is considered personal and nondeductible. You will get a one time credit in the year of installation.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you
You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser