Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I am starting a new business. I already have an fein # *****

Customer Question

I am starting a new business. I already have an fein # ***** another business. Do i need to get another tax number for the new business?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. If you are starting a completely new business, you will need a new EIN.Please let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok and will i have to wait for my new llc to be processed before i apply for that number?
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
To err on the side of caution, you should wait until you received the "filed" copy of your new LLC from the State of Wisconsin before applying for the EIN.
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you further.Best regards,Barb