Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

1095-A ISSUED TO TAXPAYER, POLICY COVERED TP, SPOUSE, TWO DEPENDENTS

Customer Question
AND ONE NON DEPENDENT CHILD...
1095-A ISSUED TO TAXPAYER, POLICY COVERED TP, SPOUSE, TWO DEPENDENTS AND ONE NON DEPENDENT CHILD UNDER 27. QUESTION: WHERE DO I GET INFORMATION FOR NON DEP SON TO COMPLETE PART IV OF 8962. IT CERTAINLY DOES NOT COME FROM 1095-A THAT I CAN SEE. INSTRUCTIONS INDICATE COMPLETE e ONLY. WHERE DOES THIS COME FROM AND HOW DOES THE FORM AFFECT SON'S 1040?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I RECEIVED IRS NOTICE ASKING FOR RECONCILIATION. I AM TRYING TO COMPLETE 8962 PART IV WITH LIMITED INFORMATION. DON'T WANT TO HIRE ACCOUNTANT TO ASSIST.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: NO EXCEPT THAT I DO HAVE ACCESS TO PARENT'S 1095A. JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO APPLY THE INFORMATION.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
5/14/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. If you do not have the full social security number you will need to contact the nondependent or the parents, there's no other way. For the allocation you will use part IV. You can allocate the policy as you like. You can allocate it equally between the parents and dependents or you can allocate more to the parents and less to the dependents. If you allocate some of it to the nondependent son you will have to give him a copy of 1095A and he will need to do the some his return.
I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser