Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My Mother Passed on last year. She has $572.00 owed to her

Customer Question
estate in federal tax. The...
My Mother Passed on last year. She has $572.00 owed to her estate in federal tax. The estate needs the money to help pay off the funeral cost. As her son, do I need to submit any anything else other than the 1310 form to get the money back?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
5/14/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Hi,...No, that's all you need to do, just file it with that last return...You can read more about that here:...https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Deceased-Taxpayers-Filing-the-Final-Returns-of-a-Deceased-Taxpayer...From there: ..."If the decedent is due a refund of any individual income tax (Form 1040), you may claim that refund using IRS Form 1310, Statement of a Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer. "
Please let me know if you have any questions at all....If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")...JustAnswer will not credit me for the time and work unless you rate me positively....Thank you!Lane……I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/ Medicare, & estate, as well as corporate & tax, since 1986
Hi,...I’m just checking back in to see how things are going...Did my answer help?...Let me know…...Thanks,Lane
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS