Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I was a LLC that elected to be taxed as a S-corp (5 shareholders).

Customer Question
On 4/1/15 the 5 shareholders...
I was a LLC that elected to be taxed as a S-corp (5 shareholders). On 4/1/15 the 5 shareholders transferred all their shares into a holding company (c corp) so that now the holding company holds all the shares of the s-corp. I understand this terminates the s-corp election. My question is: (1) when the termination occurs, does this change the company into a C-corp or back to a LLC? and (2) if it is now a c-corp, does this mean I have a parent-subsidiary situation now and do I file a consolidated tax return for the 2 companies?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
5/12/2016
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hi from just answer. I'mCustomer
1. Your terminated S reverts to an LLC. You could elect C status after filing the final S return for the short period. 2. It is now an LLC. You can elect for it to be treated as a C, and file a parent-sub consolidated return. Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer
PDtax
PDtax