Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My adult married daughter wants to return to college to pursue

Customer Question
another degree. If I...
My adult married daughter wants to return to college to pursue another degree. If I give her money to pursue this, can it be a tax deduction for me as a charitable donation or in any other deductible way?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
5/11/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
ONLY the gift to qualified charitable organizations may be deducted for tax purposes.The gift for ANY specific person or a gift that benefits a specific person may not be deducted.So the gift you will make to your daughter is NOT deductible as charitable contribution..
However - under some circumstances - you might be able to claim your daughter as a dependent.If so - you will be able deduct her educational expenses.Questions?..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor