Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

HOW DO I FIND ABOUT TAXS FILED IN 2013

Customer Question
HOW DO I FIND ABOUT TAXS FILED IN 2013
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/9/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi Karen. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. What are you trying to find out? If you filed? Copy of your return? Your refund?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I GOT A PHONE CALL FROM SOME SAY I OWED 6900 TAXES IN 2013 BUT NI RECIVED MY RETURN AND HAVE NEVER RECIVED ANY THING FROM THE IRS AND ANYTHING SAYING MY TAX ES WERE WORNG OR THAT I OWED THAT AMOUNT
Well, it could be a scam. IRS would not call you out of the blue telling you that you owe taxes. IRS always make first contact trough a letter, never send a e-mail or call directly to let you know you owe taxes. You can call IRS 800 -(###) ###-####and ask if somebody tried to reach you. You can also order transcript of your account to see if IRS made any adjustment to your return.
IRS had been warning about phone and email scams for a while now. Here's IRS communique and what to do if you received a phone and believe it is a scam: https://www.irs.gov/uac/IRS-Urges-Public-to-Stay-Alert-for-Scam-Phone-Calls
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney