How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3174
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an expert on this site, in the automotive field.

Customer Question

Hello, I am an expert on this site, in the automotive field. I am also a new expert and new to the site. Do I need to withhold any money for taxes from my earnings I make by answering questions on this site?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Yes, your earnings from this site is taxable income and you will need to report it. This site will not withhold any taxes and will not issue your 1099Misc. You can make some estimated payments if you really make a lot, I usually increase my withholding at work to cover it. You will need to keep track of your income yourself. You will report your earnings on schedule C, you will be allowed to deduct reasonable expenses like percentage of internet use, books, publications, printing and such. Your net profit will be subject to self-employment tax as well as regular income tax.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.