Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need my w2 JA: The Accountant will know how to

Customer Question
I need my w2 for...
I need my w2 for 2014
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i worked at Murphy NC store
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: name Herbert Clark SSN###-##-####
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
5/7/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney replied 1 year ago
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney
The following link tells you how to get it:https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2561916-how-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-w-2Try asking your employer or their payroll provider for a reissued statement if you need a replacement copy.If that doesn't work, you can order a copy of your 1978 (or later) W-2 from the Social Security Administration. They're free if you need them for a Social Security-related reason; otherwise it's $37 per W-2. See SSA FAQ 3836 for details.Wage and income transcripts are available from the IRS free of charge. They're not exactly copies of your W-2, but they contain everything on your W-2 except the state and local information. You can also order a full copy of your return from the IRS for $50, which will include your W-2, but it's cheaper to get it from the Social Security Administration.You probably do not want to use you ssn. This is public info.
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney