Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I RECEIVED A LETTER 4883C TAX FILING; I VOICE VERIFIED

Customer Question

I RECEIVED A LETTER 4883C FOR 2015 TAX FILING; I VOICE VERIFIED ON 03.MAY.16, NO CHANGE ON THE WMR PAGE.
SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou need not be concerned at this point if you did file a return. The IRS will continue processing your tax return once they verify your identity and confirm that you submitted the return. If you did file the return, please know it will take approximately nine weeks to process it once you verify your identity.This additional step is to protect your identity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID NOT FILE FOR EITC, WHICH SEEMS TO BE ONE OF THE MAIN TRIGGERS FOR FLAGGING A RETURN.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
I still would not be concerned yet. If the IRS questioned a specific portion of your return that is different.Sometimes a person is allowed EITC but does not claim it. The IRS sends a specific letter about that issue.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
I have seen mostly these are due to a slight difference in name on return and the information in the system. It is not for a specific credit claimed or not claimed.