Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer:

Customer Question
hello JA: Hello. What seems to...
hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I get disability insurance payments (not Social Security Disability) but a company- Northwestern Mutual. Do you think Investment income counts as "earned income" for them?
JA: We do not provide free answers, but the Experts charge a fraction of their Face-to-Face category: medical specialty: mental health price on JustAnswer. You have to make the payment yourself. The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
5/5/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. No, investment income is not earned income. Earned income is your job, income from self-employment or any type of income you get for offering your services or doing something for somebody. Investment income is type of income you get when you invest your own money. earned income = you work for moneyinvestment income = your money work work for you Disability payments before your official retirement is usually earned income - substitution of your wages. Disability pension income is considered a portfolio income, not earned income.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney