How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15731
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I stop sell of my home because of back taxes owed .have

Customer Question

How can I stop sell of my home because of back taxes owed .have 95% of taxes owed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloUnder Illinois law for sale of property for back property tax, you have some options.You cannot stop the sale after it is listed. Options if your taxes are sold: I) Redemption of Taxes, II) Seeking a Sale-in-Error Declaration, III) Filing a Statutory "Redemption Under Protest"I am going to give you the link to the options instead of listing them here. That way you wil have the official page to go back to if needed. is Cook county but state law so would apply in any county.