How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am considering taking on a consulting job with a foreign

Customer Question

I am considering taking on a consulting job with a foreign company. To do the work I will not have to relocate full time. Instead, I will fly periodically to that foreign country and do work from home here in the US.
Under those conditions will I be able to exclude any of the income I earn from the foreign company?
Thanks, ***** ***** Andrews
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.One of the conditions for foreign income exclusion is that you must physically reside in foreign country - be a bona fide resident of a foreign country for at least 330 full days during any period of 12 consecutive months. No, you will not be able to exclude the income.